January 6, 2009

SceneShop Offers a Surprising Ride with "Vince Banyon"

2009 is SceneShop's fifth year to participate in Out of the Loop. In the past, we've offered programs of three or so short pieces, since that's what we specialize in. But this year, we have something new. It started last August, when longtime contributor Grayson harper (a noted Fort Worth writer and visual artist) approached me, saying he was writing a piece about an hour long and would I be interested in looking at it? "It's pretty weird," he cautioned me. Weird, however, has never been a deterrent to SceneShop and after I read the first pages Grayson gave me, I couldn't wait to read the rest.
Long story short, SceneShop's contribution to the 2009 Out of the Loop Fringe festival is the world premiere of "The Interrogation of Vince Banyon." This is a smart and surprising piece and we've assembled a cast- Seth Johnston, Nicholas Irion, Stephen Eyre- that's up to the challenge. After a read-thru in early December, Grayson made some revisions to his script and our rehearsals will be starting soon. I'll be back with more info.

No comments: