February 18, 2009

Google Update #1

I'm not going to lament about the hour I spent on writing a blog entry for this Out of the Loop Festival blog and then how it somehow disappeared, lost somewhere in cyberspace. That would be a waste of time...

And, right now, it's all about time. We've been in rehearsals for close to two weeks now (a special shout out to Theatre Three and Uptown Players for providing rehearsal space for us). This actual marks about the midway point between starting rehearsals and opening because in about 2 weeks, we'll be doing the show in front of an audience.

It's been an exciting process for me personally. It's been my first chance to work with Joel McDonald who is great. He makes the process look easy. I like to watch actors who make me think, "How do they do that?" and he's one of them.

We tallied it up, and this is the 7th time I've been able to work with Kevin Moore and the 5th opportunity I've had to work with Bruce Coleman. Everytime I've been able to work with each of them, it's been a great time. This is no different.

So, for me, it's been a mix of old and new... it's resulting in an exciting big of theatre I think.

It's hard to give too much 'behind the scenes' without giving too much of the show away. I find that in movies, tv and even theatre, there are few surprises. Too often, I think audiences can see exactly where a story is going to go. This piece is different... It's very unique and provides some turns that most people can't predict. It's both refreshing and unsettling-- in the best possible ways.

The best preview I can give is to just ask if you've ever googled yourself. If you've ever typed your name into a search engine, you've seen the sites it brings up. Some of these sites might be about you; others might be about different people who share your name. Imagine that somehow, you met someone else who shares your name. Would having that one thing in common make up for any diffrences you share?

This may make you think twice about googling yourself again...

No comments: